Carrie Loves Design Studio.

Sunday 8 September 2013

According to Forbes, may you be meeting someone for the first time, or seeing a new product for a first time, the brain makes a thousand computations: Are you someone to approach or to avoid? Like or dislike? And surprise or not, these computations are made at lightning speed. Researchers from NYU found that we make eleven major decisions in seven seconds.  

 People do “judge a book by its cover.”

We have about 7 seconds to attract a reader in essence. What sets one apart from the rest? Come on, let’s face it. There are trizillions of blogs out there. From fashion blogs, to foodie blogs and even nerdy blogs.What makes these blogs stands out from the rest?



In my humble and not-very-expert opinion, it all boils down to 2 elements:
(1) CONTENT and (2) DESIGN
 
Design is an important element on blogs. Not just for the readers but also for your own sake. For the readers, a neat and easy-to-navigate blog would be user friendly. For your own sake, a pretty blog would surely motivate you to write more frequently right? Pretty blog = more post = more content and maybe = more readers? (Hopefully!)

So where am i going at this? Well, i have a NEW blogskin!!
I started blogging end 2012 to mark a new chapter in life. Graduating from grad school and starting my first job. The inspiration of starting a blog is (1) to update my friends of my life and (2) really to practice and staying in touch with writing. In a short span of less than a year, my blog underwent  2 "renovations". It took me a while to actually find a "look" which reflected my style and a "look" that make me feel me.





"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance"
- Coco Chanel -

Presenting CarrieLovesDesign Studio. 

Simplicity is sort of a hallmark of Carrie's work. I first stumble upon Carrie on Esty when I was google-ling for blog skins. Her designs caught my eyes instantly. People close around me know that I am famous for inclination toward blacks and whites. I would say 90% of the time I am in blacks or whites. I fancy everything simple and therefore Carrie’s design really epitomize my style. Hence this new look on my blog! To be honest I love this new look! Love all things black and white and simple! It really motivates me to update my blog more frequently nowadays. 


Anyways like to take some time to introduce Carrie. She hails from South Carolina, USA. 
Here are some of others Carrie’s fabulous works: 











Her design features many great blog features:
·         Uncluttered side bars
·         Sufficient white space
·         Accessible info
·         Great typography
·         Social media shortcuts
·         And many more…


Carrier offers premade blogskins, or even customized ones, website design, logo designs and many more. Most importantly it was a great experience working with Carrie. She is very professional and makes quick replies. She also takes time to explain installations step etc. For an idiot like me, the services she offers are angelic! Be reassured that you will be in great hands though she lives half way around the globe. 

Additional perks! Her blogskins are super AFFORDABLE! So you don't worry about breaking your bank while revamping your site.


Carrie also provides other add on services at nominal charges. Affordable yet again!


“…like all things that have to do with design. I also love designing and redesigning my blog(s) and other people’s blogs to make their blogs reflect more of who they are.”
-Carrie

Well she definitely did magic for me. 
Want a fresh look for your blog? 
Something that shouts you?
Visit Carrie at CarrieDesignStudio or Carrie Design!


Disclaimer: I am not in any way sponsored to do this; this is really my honest review of Carrie’s services.



Till next time folks!
Cheers~

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for the super sweet post, I'm so honored. If you ever need anything or have any questions regarding blog design I'm just an email away.

    xo
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...